Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I really did not think buying our future house and making the decision to retire would have any impact on my life.  Oh the retirement thing..yes..I guess I knew I would be doing the countdown of lasts...my last memorial day, my last 4th of July, the last month I will only have 1 weekend off...but I didn't think I would give much thought to the rest of it...after all, I have a year left (had).

I'm different.  I'm distracted.  My priorities have changed.  I HAVE NOT PLANTED FLOWERS YET!



Before we moved to this house, I pretty much had perennial flower beds and perhaps spent $25 on some annuals to spice up the color.  In the 3 years we have lived here, I've been slowly working to get the beds self sustaining but have some pots and one little triangular space along the driveway that I was going to put stone around and get a bed started.  Oh..I think about it..but it is not important to me.  When I back out of the driveway, I remember that I should do it and I want to do it right then...but it just takes too much energy to plan it and do it.  I haven't really had much time off when it hasn't been raining...so that may be the primary reason I haven't added color to my life?  Don't know.


I have to go back to work tomorrow...blech.  This is not the last time I will have that thought.

Until next time....



No comments:

Post a Comment